Looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe? Try this creamy salmon alfredo pasta dish, inspired by the flavors of Italy. This homemade dish combines the richness of creamy sauce with the delicate taste of salmon, creating a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to impress your family and friends.
Real Italian pasta doesn’t rely on excessive amounts of sauce. Instead, the key to creating a great pasta dish is the technique of emulsification. By tossing the pasta with the sauce and pasta cooking water before serving, you’ll create a glossy and luscious sauce that coats every strand of pasta, ensuring a delightful dining experience.
This recipe calls for hot smoked salmon, but you can easily substitute it with plain cooked salmon. The creamy sauce, made with butter, shallots, cream, and Parmigiano Reggiano, is rich and flavorful, complementing the tender flakes of salmon perfectly.
- Create a flavorful and satisfying homemade dinner with this creamy salmon alfredo recipe.
- Emulsify the sauce with the pasta cooking water for a glossy and luscious texture.
- Substitute hot smoked salmon with plain cooked salmon for variation.
- The creamy sauce, made with butter, shallots, cream, and Parmigiano Reggiano, adds richness to the dish.
- Enjoy a quick and easy dinner packed with delicious Italian flavors.
Ingredients for Creamy Salmon Alfredo Pasta
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this delectable Creamy Salmon Alfredo Pasta. The combination of succulent salmon, velvety pasta, and rich Parmigiano Reggiano sauce is a match made in culinary heaven. Here are the key ingredients you’ll need:
|6-7 oz / 180 – 200g hot smoked salmon fillet, flaked
|8 oz / 250g dried fettuccine
|3 tbsp / 50g unsalted butter
|1 small shallot, very finely minced
|½ cup / 125 ml heavy cream
|¾ cup / 185 ml freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or parmesan
These high-quality ingredients are the building blocks for a pasta dish that will impress even the most discerning palates. Now let’s move on to the cooking instructions in the next section.
Instructions for Creamy Salmon Alfredo Pasta
Follow these simple instructions to recreate the delicious Creamy Salmon Alfredo Pasta in your own kitchen.
- 8 oz / 250g dried fettuccine
- 3 tbsp / 50g unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, very finely minced
- ½ cup / 125 ml heavy cream
- ¾ cup / 185 ml freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Good grind of black pepper
- 6-7 oz / 180 – 200g hot smoked salmon fillet, flaked
Now, let’s get cooking!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- Melt the butter in a deep fry pan and sauté the shallots until tender.
- Add the cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Transfer the pasta and reserved pasta water to the pan with the sauce.
- Add the flaked salmon and toss gently to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Cook for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes until the sauce coats the pasta.
- Garnish with extra Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh parsley if desired.
And voila! Your creamy and flavorful Creamy Salmon Alfredo Pasta is ready to be served.
Enjoy this delightful dish as a quick and easy dinner option or impress your family and friends with this homemade Italian pasta creation.
The Creamy Salmon Alfredo pasta is a delicious and quick solution for a flavorful dinner. With simple ingredients and only 25 minutes of cooking time, this homemade dish is both easy and satisfying to make. The creamy sauce, made with a perfect balance of parmesan and cream, coats the pasta strands perfectly, creating a luscious and creamy texture.
What sets this Salmon Alfredo pasta apart is the addition of flaked salmon. The natural flavors of the salmon infuse into the sauce, adding a rich and savory taste to every bite. Plus, the use of hot smoked salmon makes this dish even more irresistible.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it is also a healthier alternative to traditional cream-based pasta recipes. By using homemade sauce with real ingredients, you have full control over the creaminess and flavors. No more heavy, store-bought cream sauces! Impress your family and friends with this quick and easy homemade dinner that will leave them wanting more.
How long does it take to make Creamy Salmon Alfredo pasta?
The recipe takes just 25 minutes to prepare.
Can I use plain cooked salmon instead of hot smoked salmon?
Yes, plain cooked salmon can also be used in this recipe.
How many servings does this recipe make?
The recipe yields 3 servings.
Is this homemade Creamy Salmon Alfredo pasta healthier than cream-based versions?
Yes, this homemade version is much healthier than heavier cream-based versions.
What makes the sauce creamy?
The sauce is made creamy with the addition of heavy cream and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
How do I achieve a glossy sauce that coats every strand of pasta?
The key is to toss the pasta with the sauce and pasta cooking water before serving, creating an emulsification that gives the sauce a glossy and luscious texture.